onsdag 19. mars 2008

i'm just folkin' around.


Allow me to exaggerate a memory or two.
Where summers lasted longer than, longer than we do.
When nothing really mattered except for me to be with you.
But in time we all forgot and we all grew.

Your melody sounds as sweet, as the first time it was sung.
With a little bit more character for sure,
and by the time your father's heard of all the wrong you've done,
then I'm putting out the lantern, find your own way back home.

If I've forgotten how to sing before I've sung this song,
I'll write it all across the wall before my job is done.
And I even have the courtesy of admitting I was wrong.
As the final words before I'm dead and gone.

You've never been so divine in accepting your defeat,
and I've never been more scared to be alone.
If love is not enough to put my enemies to sleep,
then I'm putting out the lantern, find your own way back home.



HOW PRECIOUS, BRENDON BOYD URIE.

Ingen kommentarer: